Today I am craving something yummy, tasty and flavourful and that’s why I have decided to cook an authentique green sauce Chicken enchilada Casserole, gluten free. It is very easy to do and with the right ingredients you will have a green sauce chicken enchilada casserole in 30 min (not including the chicken cook time), gluten free.
I have to confess that I am one of those people that loves to cook from scratch, but with so many things to do in my day, sometimes I have to speed things up a little bit and that’s the case with this recipe. In the future I promise I will share a recipe for an authentique green sauce, but the jar of sauce that I recommend here is very close to the authentique flavor you can find in real mexican cooked green sauce.
When you have all the ingredients ready, its very fast to put together and when served, everybody is always asking for seconds. So on with the recipe.
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
1 jar of green sauce
3 thick slices of white onion
1 bunch of cilantro
1 package of corn tortillas
1 sour cream
11/2 cups of shredded queso fresco
1 tsp of oil
- Start boiling the chicken breasts with a slice of onion, one garlic and a pinch of salt.
- When fully cooked, shred the chicken breasts or cut them in tiny pieces.
- In the blender, mix the jar of green sauce with the clean bunch of cilantro, reserving 5 stems of cilantro to decorate at the end.
- Chop the remaining onion and cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350For 180C
- Grease the bottom of a casserole with the oil.
- Cover the bottom with tortillas.
- Cover the tortillas with the shredded chicken breast.
- Cover the chicken with the green sauce.
- Cover the green sauce with another layer of tortillas.
- Cover the tortillas with sour cream and shreded queso fresco.
- Cover with chicken and then green sauce.
- Repeat steps for one more layer until ending up with a layer of shreded queso fresco.
- Bake for 20 min or until edges look golden brown.
- Take out of the oven and top with chopped onion and chopped cilantro, serve.
When you have all your ingredients cooked and chopped or shredded, put everything together following these steps:
Cover the bottom with tortillas.
Cover the tortillas with the shredded or chopped chicken breast.
Cover the chicken with the green sauce.
Cover the green sauce with another layer of tortillas.
Cover the tortillas with sour cream and shreded queso fresco.
Cover with chicken and then green sauce.
Repeat steps for one more layer until ending up with a layer of shreded queso fresco.
Bake for 20 min or until edges look golden brown.
Take out of the oven and top with chopped onion and chopped cilantro, serve.