Hello everybody! Let me tell y’all that this week is about to end and I have been cooking some deliciousness. Yesterday it was Pad Thai, last weekend I baked cinnamon rolls and today, I am sharing with you a tasty recipe of Maple Cocoa Cupcakes. They are fluffy and have a great sweat taste. I know, since I got my super green apple kitchen aid I have been baking a lot, but I am making up with jogging in the threadmill while my one year old is sleeping his daily nap. Lucky for me it usually lasts around an hour, so it’s plenty of time to change, exercise and get a quick shower.
All rightie! Let’s get to the point here. To prepare these cupcakes you will need:
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 1/2 cups self rising flour
2 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tsp cornstarch
1 tbsp vanilla
1 cup evaporated milk
12 cupcake cups
If you can’t find self rising flour, you can use the regular all purpose flour but you will have to add 1 tsp of baking powder to compensate.
Preparing time 15 min.
Baking time 10 min.
- Preheat your oven at 350 degrees fahrenheit or 180 degrees centigrades.
- Prepare a cupcake pan with the cupcake cups.
- Cream the butter and the sugar. Beat for one minute on low speed in a stand mixer.
4. Incorporate the maple syrup, stir until incoporated.
5. In a separate bowl, mix all your dry ingredients (flour, cocoa powder, cornstarch), then add to the mix in your stand mixer until blended.
6. Add the vanilla and mix for 1 minute.
7. Add the evaporated milk and mix until blended.
8. Crack the eggs in a separate bowl and then add to the stand mixer bowl. This prevents you from getting shells in your mix.
9. Mix for a couple of minutes or until all your ingredients are blended.
10. Pour the mixture in the cupcake cups, leave space for them to grow in the oven.
11. Bake for 10 minutes or until the edges are browning. Usually when they are ready you can feel the smell in the air.
That’s about it. If you liked this recipe, share with your friends on Pinterest!